Spotlight On: MAC Amber Lights

Finish: Frost / Peachy-brown with shimmer

Known Dupes: MegaRich pigment, L’Oreal Gilded Bronze

This rich amber gold shade provides endless possibilities and has a high level of pigmentation. It is one of my favorites from MAC; this makes blue, green and brown eyes stand out amazingly well, and depending on what you pair it with, it can add drama or function quite well as a daytime look. It does have a tendency to pull rather orange, so if you have found that orange shades are not flattering with your skintone, I’d recommend skipping this one and looking instead at something like Woodwinked, or Urban Decay’s Half Baked. Those shades are gold, but don’t have the strong orange found within Amber Lights. If you don’t already have Amber Lights in your collection, it should definitely be on your priority list!

Look #1

MAC eyeshadows used:

• Mythology (inner third of lid)
  • Amber Lights (middle of lid)
  • Bronze (outer third of lid and into outer v)
  • Blanc Type (blend)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. Eileen says:

Ahhh, Amber Lights, my favorite MAC color. This is such a great website and I love your cats! They are so beautiful.

I was scared of Cranberry but now I’m thinking about it. Also Rule and Mythology look great. I’ve got boring brown eyes and need that pop of color.

• Hi Eileen!
      Thank you! :) Glad you’re enjoying the site.
      Brown eyes are BEAUTIFUL with pinks and purples – if you’re feeling bold, check out the post for Free to Be; it’s a beautiful pink shade. I used it on a bride with brown eyes recently and it changed her mind about using pinks in her looks – it made her brown eyes come alive!

2. Kristina says:

Thank you again!
    i had this colout, but i was so bored as it has gold in this…you gave some excellent ideas!

3. Melanie Steed says:

Zabrena,

I just love your website. I have all of these eye shadows but not really sure what to do with them. The pictures of all of the looks really helps. I also love how you throw in optional colors that you can use to achieve the same look. Thank you!!!

4. pooja says:

im nc40-42
    indian with combination skin(mostly oily in summers )
    pls help me with buying mac eyeshadows
    cant decide between amber lights and woodwinked. i already have gorgeous gold.and also which is better satin taupe bronze or patina .dnt want to buy all of them.so help me choose

5. cheryl roberts says:

thanks for the reviews and separate eyeshadow styles,you certainly do an amazing job as my eyeshadow consultant.Cheryl

6. janet says:

beautiful…i will be joing the gold membership as soon as i get paid. by the way does the above look compliments african american complexions…im a nw50 in studio fix liquid foundation

Hi Janet! Thank you for considering the upgrade!
      I’m not sure if you’re referring to a single look, or all of the looks, but yes, Amber Lights is stunning against your unique complexion!

7. Sandra C Patenaude says:

Hi Zabrena! I’m a new subbie1 Yea! Also an eyeshadow junkie! Thanx for these amberlites combos. What do you think of India Ink by Mac??

Hi Sandra!
      Welcome to you! Thank you for becoming a member!
      I LOVE Indian Ink! It’s one of those great purples that I feel everyone can wear.
      There’s a Spotlight post for it under the Purples section in the MAC Directory, too ;)

8. Fiona Coles says:

My favourite look with Amber Lights is putting it in the middle third of the eye, with All That Glitters on the inner third, and Sable on the outer third.

9. beautywithin says:

This is such a pretty color, I’m debating on picking it up the only thing is I have to order it online :( but it’s so pretty!

10. Roxxanna says:

I am so glad i stumbled upon this site!!!!! i love mac and inglot and you really give us a good idea of how the shadows look and great wearable ideas! thanks!