Spotlight On: MAC Blackberry

Finish: Matte / Muted burgundy-plum brown

Blackberry is best described as a dark purple, matte shade. It has a beautiful formula that makes applying it and blending it incredibly easy. I like it for its versatility and how smoothly the formula molds to the skin. This is one that can be used for everyday in a neutral eye look, as it isn’t too strong for conservative environments. And it’s a lot of fun for evening looks! I use it a lot to darker the outer corner in a look and it is also fantastic when used lightly in the crease as well.

Look #1

MAC eyeshadows used:

• Satellite Dreams (on lid, below crease)
  • Swish (crease)
  • Blackberry (blend SD into Swish)
  • Vanilla (blend)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. Kristina says:

Wow! Thank You!
    I found a colour i need to get! I was already out of ideas for a while

2. Emily Keeling says:

Hi Zabrena,
    I have grey/green eyes and purple tends to make them look really good, but when I step back and look at myself in the mirror, I realize that many purple shades look hideous against my yellowish skin. Could you list some warmer purples that I could use? I already have sketch but hate how it applies. It’s not the most useful eyeshadow I own! lol

Hi Emily!
      Ugh, I hear ya on Sketch – complete nightmare to work with! :(
      Have you tried Nocturnelle? That seems to be one of the more universal purples I’ve worked with.
      There’s also Grape pigment, Fig. 1, Star Violet, Seedy Pearl, Vibrant Grape, Stars ‘N Rockets, Indian Ink – hope some of these help! ;)

3. Peggy Boersma says:

Look 2 is a longtime favorite of mine!

4. Flavia Artizzu says:

I have to try look 4!
    I also love BlackBerry for a simple smokey eye over Stormy Pink paint pot, and Quarry for blending the edges.
    Thank you Z.!

5. Melanie Steed says:

Zabrena,

If I don’t have maneater le what can I use in place of it?

6. Melanie Steed says:

I’m sorry I meant Mancatcher Le :)