Spotlight On: MAC Arena

Finish: Satin / Soft gold-peach with pearl

Arena is a soft orange brown shade perfect for pairing with other oranges, greens and browns. The formula is matte with a slight amount of sheen and is ideal for ladies with more mature eyelids. I like using this in my neutral eyeshadow combinations, but have found it can easily be paired with brighter colors for a subtle, but dramatic look. If you find that you have trouble getting Arena to show on your lids, try layering it over something like MAC’s Rubenesque paintpot (see looks #3 and 4); it will really help to punch it up! Arena brings out every eye color beautifully adds an air of sophistication.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. boops says:

on eye #1-which color is under bottom lashes? I did this look which came out really nice, but I was stumped on the bottom lash line.
    Thanks

2. Saira says:

I love all of these looks but I particularly like Look 5. I wouldn’t have thought to pair Greensmoke with Arena. The peachy tones look really nice with the green. I don’t have Greensmoke but I’ll perhaps try it out with Sumptuous Olive instead.

3. Saira says:

Out of curiosity, how do you do the ‘Spotlight On’ articles for each eyeshadow? Do you pick a colour and use it for a week or so to try out different combinations, or do you take pictures whenever you use a particular shade and then put them all together in one article when you have enough looks?

• Hi Saira!
      Little bit of both – sometimes I’ll wear a certain color throughout the week and take pictures of it as I go (depending on the shade and whether or not I feel comfortable wearing it to work – ha!).
      Other times I’ll devote a good amount of time on Saturday to doing different looks and have to HEAVILY moisturize my dry eyelids Sunday. LOL :)

4. Heather says:

My favorite is Look 4

5. Brooke says:

I’m putting together a 4X palette now that all my Tartans are completely used up and can’t decide on anything. Your blog has been most helpful, although I still can’t decide, but that’s just me. I have very large blue eyes and like to stick with browns and neutrals. I’m loving the Naked Lunch color and can’t figure out why I’ve never tried it before. :) TY.

6. Karah says:

Hi! Zabrena,
    I don’t have Arena yet, but I love look 4! Is there a MAC dupe for Arena? I have a lot of other shadows but not Arena yet. Thanks for all your help! :)

Hi Karah!
      Hmmm tough one! You could substitute with something like Samoa Silk, but it’s a little more orange than Arena, so it’d need to be applied lightly. :) Hope this helps!

7. Vanessa Chouinard says:

Hey Z! Would you say Arena is a shimmery version of Bamboo? I can’t seem to find any reference to bamboo on your site.

Thanks!
    Vanessa

• My Eyeshadow Consultant says:

Hi Vanessa!
      Thanks for asking!
      Bamboo is actually one I started out with and swapped away early on in my MAC collecting; it’s one I’ll have to buy again to do a Spotlight for on the site. :) Compared to Arena, it could pass, but Arena is definitely more orange than Bamboo, and Bamboo leans more of a darker orangey-brown. You could always try it in place of Arena – you might really like the results in some of these combos! :)

8. Tracey Hall says:

I used a pink tonight with Arena in the crease, blended out with Brule and loved the look. I would have never tried the colours together before.
    Thank you so much for your inspiration