Spotlight On: MAC Lucky Green

Finish: Veluxe Pearl / Bright lime

Lucky Green is probably one of my most favorite greens from MAC’s collection and it is incredibly unique from any other green available elsewhere. This is one of those shades that I highly recommend for brown eyes and blue or blue-green eyes. Green eyes can pull this off depending on the shade it’s paired with (i.e. a pink pairing would be best to give your eyes some contrast). Not only does this apply easily, but the shade is vibrant and effortlessly livens up eyes. I especially like using this with pinks, browns, golds, purples and dark greens.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. Me says:

How beautiful! It seems so scary in the pan but in your combinations it is elegant n unique.

2. AnaMaria says:

Perfect timing. I just was doing a look with shimmermoss.. and NEVER thought I would like green or look good in it. You naturally (I think) look good having auburn/red hair but you’re helping me make the “green” leap!

I love your site and posts. You’re a very talented makeup artists! Keep up the inspirational work. I’ve just go into makeup later in life and am loving it. Ladies like you really inspire and teach me. Hello From Santa Barbara, CA

3. Kristina says:

This green…wow this green drives me grazy :) I promised my self i cut down the mac eyeshadows and as i was lately told very stricktly that with green eyes forget the green eyeshadowes, well..i cant! This green will be my christmas gift for myself!

Thank you very much!!

4. I’m so glad they’ve made it part of the permanent collection! Will be picking it up soon. Look no.1 is so pretty and vibrant!

5. Karah says:

I don’t have Lucky green. Could I use another color for look #8? Thank you

Hi Karah!
      Sure! Any light green will do – something like Juxt or possibly even Bitter. Sunny Spot would be beautiful there too. :)

6. Kelly says:

Hi, I was wondering how Lucky Green would compare too MACs Bio Green.

• My Eyeshadow Consultant says:

Hi Kelly!
      I’m unsure yet, although Bio Green is coming to me within the next couple of weeks (yay!).
      I’ll be sure to follow up and let you know :)
      Thanks for asking!

7. thelastmile says:

I don’t have Pinked Mauve LE–and was wondering if Girlie is a substitute? I really would like to do Look #1 but I’m unsure of the exact color of Pinked Mauve viewing it on the computer! Ai-yi-yi. T/Y!!

• My Eyeshadow Consultant says:

Hi!
      Pinked Mauve is a mixture between a pink and a purple – it’s actually almost exactly what you get when you mix Grape pigment with Fuschia pigment.
      You could definitely try Girlie for that look or pinks like Rose, Da Bling – even Stars ‘N Rockets!
      If you ever do decide to get either a sample of Pinked Mauve or find the full jar somewhere, I know you’d just love the color!

8. beautywithin says:

Can’t wait to try look 2. I’ve been searching for something to do with Chartreuse pigment that I actually like!!

• beautywithin says:

Do you have other suggestions for Chartreuse pigment? Thank you

Sure! I need to do some more looks with it. You could try a dark green on the inner and outer third of the lid with Chartreuse applied to the center of the lid as a highlight and then add a medium green in the crease, or a medium brown to neutralize it a bit. Or you could apply it to the inner half of the lid with something like Contrast or Grape pigment applied to the outer half of the lid if you want to mix it with some colors other than green. ;) It also looks great with golds like Blonde’s Gold pigment or Woodwinked!

9. Laura says:

I finally just bought this color and I’m IN LOVE!!! I did Lucky Green on the inner 2/3 of the lid, humid outer corner and coquette in the crease and shroom as a brow highlight….soooo pretty! I’m such a sucker for greens!

10. Hot Strawberry says:

I rocked #5 today at work. I wasn’t sure how it would look with my blue eyes, but Sunny Spot has enough yellow/gold in it to look stunning. I used Bottle Green as I don’t have B and C and it looked great.