Spotlight On: MAC Seedy Pearl

Finish: Frost / Chilled lavender pink

Seedy Pearl is a difficult shade to describe; it has a duochrome-like finish and takes on different appearances, depending on what you pair it with. I find I like using it best with a whole different range of purples, blues, browns and pinks. I absolutely love this shade for its ease in application and superb blendability factor. The only downside to this particular one is I find if I apply too much to the lid I get a flaking kind of appearance – even though it doesn’t move, it just makes certain areas appear scaly for some reason. So, I’m usually careful to apply a light layer. My most favorite way to wear this is usually all over the lid with a darker contrast color in the crease. It’s definitely one of those “must-have” shades.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. Mariella says:

Looks 2 and 6 are (not surprisingly) my favourites and I love all the looks you’ve done, Zabrena, even though some aren’t looks that would suit me. I do love how you’ve used Plumage. Do you find it blends okay? A lot of people have problems with it. That scaliness you described if you apply too much Seedy Pearl is what I get with Retrospeck

Thanks, Mariella! :)
      With Plumage, I find that using less makes it much easier to work with. If I apply it with a fluffy brush like the #222, and don’t apply too much, it’s a LOT easier to blend it out.

2. Saira says:

I love all of these looks but I especially like Look #1. I wouldn’t have thought to pair with Bitter with Seedy Pearl and Plum Dressing. I can’t wait to try this combination out!

That one came out surprisingly well! As I was doing it, I was looking back at it in the mirror saying, “Hmm, I dunno. I hope this photographs as well as it looks!” Thankfully it did!

3. LRW says:

loving # 3 !! I have always paired Seedy Pearl with grays,but 2 other colors that pair well with it are Swiss Chocolate and Haux. I’m always looking for new ways to wear Plumage,so enjoyed seeing it with Seedy Pearl. Speaking of Plumage,have you tried it with Brown Script? I love those 2 together :)

4. Sarah says:

All stunning as usual! I love Seedy Pearl. One of my absolute favorite combos of all my MAC shadows is Seedy Pearl on the inner 2/3 with Star Violet in the outer 1/3.
    And apart from my light brown eyes, you and I have the exact same complexion and hair, Z. It would look great on you.

5. butlerbd says:

Would you be up to doing a “must haves” post? Maybe like pick your absolute favorite colors from each category like pinks/reds, blues, greens, golds, browns, neutrals, greys, etc? I’d love to own every shade but that gets a little expensive :) but you know… A start up type idea? Just a thought!

6. Bluelitzer says:

So sad this shade is being discontinued. :(