Spotlight On: MAC Black Tied

Finish: Velvet / Black with silver sparkle

Known Dupes: UD Creep

Black Tied is a glitter packed, deep black shade that is darker than Typographic and gives a slightly different effect from Carbon. The glitter you see in the pan with this one does translate to the lid if you pack the color on. However, that glitter does tend to travel to the face throughout the evening (that’s the only complaint I had with this one). I especially like to deepen the crease with Black Tied, as I find it much easier to work with in terms of blending than Carbon. One of my new favorite black eyeshadows and an essential staple for your collection if you don’t already own Carbon (bleck!). :D

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. Diana Dee says:

Love how you paired it with Coppering and Plum Dressing! I was never quite sure if the two went with each other! Thank you! :)

2. Brooke says:

Love #1. That is a look I have attempted to achieve multiple times but with no success. That is perfection.

What about a grey-black look to match business blacks during the daytime? I do neutrals daily but I wear lots of black to work in attempts to appear professional :)

3. Grace says:

I love love love that first look! Great job!! Did you get a new camera or something cause the pictures look awesome!

Thank you, Grace!
      I’m saving my pennies for a new one! :) Still the old one though – I find I’m getting better at taking the pictures each time I do these Spotlight posts. Always a new learning experience!

4. Saira says:

Great to get some new ideas for combinations using Black-Tied! I tend to use it in the outer v a lot with silver and pinks, so really nice to see how it pairs with other shades. I’ve not used it on the lid before, so it’s good to see how this looks in look #1.

I especially like look #4! I would never have though to pair Coppering with Plum Dressing – they look soooo gorgeous together. I am definitely going to try this combination!!!

5. Lori says:

love love love #4!!! mac should send you a trophy or something by the way, i have been inspired by SO MANY combinations of yours that i’ve bought more custom palettes from them than I almost want to admit! ;) thank you for sharing all your looks, you have such talent and they truly ARE inspiring!! :)

6. Gina says:

OMG everything is insanely gorgeous! Thank you!

7. Laura Sweeney says:

#1 and #5 are absolutely stunning!! Girl, you are good!! :)

8. beautywithin says:

#4! will be next girls night out!

9. anna Christensen says:

What is a suitable substitute for stars and rockets? I also need a substitute for delft paint pot…thanks for your hard work here. I am never at a loss for looks I want to try. :-)