Spotlight On: MAC Sketch

Finish: Velvet / Burgundy with red shimmer

Known Dupes: Sorcery

If there is one eyeshadow I receive the most questions about, it is most certainly Sketch! Sketch was actually one of the very first eyeshadows I bought and I quickly swapped it away. I hated it for its inability to blend and I found it to be splotchy. My lack of experience back then truly shows, because it’s actually one I like now. I will say the right brushes and a light hand make all the difference in the world when it comes to working with Sketch. My favorite way to wear it is in the crease and outer v. When applied on the lid it appears splotchy and uneven (at least for me it did).

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. boops says:

love look #3-unfortunately other than Sketch & Shroom I don’t have the right shadows. Oh well I have used trax with sketch in the crease that looks pretty good.

2. Joanna Hotalen says:

1, and 4 are awesome :)

3. Susie Karvalics says:

#3 is my fav

4. beautywithin says:

I have Sketch but it just kind of sits there, now I have a reason to pull it out, look #6! But I don’t have Shale :(. what could be used in place of it?

5. Heidi Groenewald says:

Oh wow, looks 3 & 6 are stunning! Cant wait to “play”with my eyesahdows again. Been so busy lately that I’ve been a little boring on the eyeshadow side!

6. Peggy Boersma says:

Well I gotta say I love MAC’s recycling program! I got a free eyeshadow today because of it! Guess which one, lol! Can’t wait it try Sketch!

7. Robyn says:

I really like look #8. Is there other ways I can use Sketch so it’s not so dramatic and gives a pop of color? I like some of the other looks but I feel like they are a bit too dramatic for me to attempt right now. Lol I’m stepping out of my neutral zone little by little. :)

8. Ashley says:

Yes! I find Sketch difficult to work with. A MAC artist recommended it in combo with Digit, Haux, and Shadowy Lady. Not a fan. I tried it again today with Haux, UD Sin, and Mylar, but found it so hard to blend. I need a new brush, methinks.

Thanks for posting these. I’m not giving up on Sketch yet!

I agree! Have you tried it on the outer half of the lid, adding a small amount and blending it from there? I’ve found that helps with it. Still a stubborn lil’ booger!

9. boops says:

Live the new post (#12) I have sketch and have always used it on the crease with trax on the lid. May try new posted combo for a less dramatic look. Thanks Z