Eye of the Day: In The Buff!

If you watched my recent haul video on the YouTube channel, then you already know I recently bought Malt and I could not wait to use it! For this look I paired it with Femme Fi for a beautiful, neutral look. This is truly a stunner! If you don’t have Femme Fi, you could mix Shroom and Ricepaper for a similar effect.

Products Used:

• Too Faced Eyeshadow Insurance
  • MAC Femme Fi LE (on lid, below crease)
  • MAC Malt (crease)
  • MAC Cork (line lower lashline and smudge out)
  • MAC Bisque (blend out Malt)
  • E.L.F. Liquid Eyeliner in ‘Coffee’
  • L’Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black Mascara
  • Almay Brow Defining Pencil
  • Red Cherry false lashes #43

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. Karah says:

Very nice Z! How would you describe Malt? Just a light brown? Your blending skills are amazing!! :)

Thank you, Karah!! :) Hmm, I would compare Malt to Kid, but Malt leans slightly more pink. It’s an awesome one for creating seamless transitions in the crease, especially when paired with bolder colors! Hope that helps explain it a little better ;)

2. Mariella says:

Zabrena, how would you compare Malt and/or Kid to Naked or Buck from the original UD Naked palette? I’ve go so many “similar” light browns – Wedge, Buck, Kid, Too Faced’s Velvet Revolver and Teddy Bear, WnW’s Vanity palette…you get the picture! I’ve hem’d and ha’d about Grain, Kid and Malt for ages, wondering how much I really “need” them.

• Karah says:

Hi! Mariella,
      I absolutely agree with you. I wish we could find just a few shades of lighter browns. There is just too many of them! I have too many browns period! I really don’t use them that much. You probably use them more than I do. It’s weird but purples have always been my browns. They always looked better than browns. Maybe I’m using the wrong shades of brown. I’m curious to hear what Zabrena says.

Hi Mariella!
      Malt and Kid compare nicely to Naked from the original Naked palette. Both are a touch lighter than Naked – Naked is just a touch darker. Buck is much darker than Malt and Kid. I would say if you already have Naked, you could substitute it for combos that use Malt or Kid.

LOL! I feel ya on the browns! I’ve been on a kick with them lately. I just swapped an eyeshadow for Moleskin – yet another brown I probably don’t need. Haha! I can hear the makeup addict in me already . . . “But I NEED them” LOL :)

3. Karah says:

Zabrena, do you think that we need both Malt and Kid? Do you prefer one over the other? Thanks for all your help! :)

Hi Karah!
      Not at all! Save the pennies! The best way to differentiate between whether or not to get Kid or Malt is answering if you are of a warm or cool complexion. If you’re cool, I’d go for Kid and if you’re warm I’d go for Malt (as it leans more pink).

Now I just have to choose for myself which I like better to keep (easier said than done!). Haha!

4. Karah says:

Thanks! I think we are all makeup addicts! If we want to admit it or not! :) I’m going to blame you ( just a little bit), and say that if you didn’t make all your spotlights look so beautiful, I wouldn’t be a makeup addict! Do think that’s a good excuse for getting so many MAC ,and now UD shades? No, I didn’t think so! :) By the way, I wanted to tell you that you look fantastic with color on your lips! That was a great idea using the pigments! I think it was a mauve shade that you used. Beautiful!

Haha! You can blame me! No prob! ;)
      Thanks for the compliment! I always get nervous using bright colors like that, but it’s nice for a change sometimes!

5. Donna Campanaro says:

Is there anyone where I can find an instruction on how to blend???