Face of the Day: Chocolate Caramel

Today’s look was inspired by Lisa who mentioned ‘Golden Lemon’ pigment in my recent Facebook post about needing some inspiration! (Thanks, Lisa! :))

I have had Golden Lemon pigment for a while but had no idea how to wear it, so it has sat in my sample drawer all this time collecting dust. I love pairing golds with browns as it creates such a rich look. This one is no exception!

Close-up of the eyes:

Products Used

Face

• Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation in Ivory #110
  • Ben Nye Neutral Set Translucent Powder
  • MAC Trace Gold – blush

Eyes

• Too Faced Eyeshadow Insurance
  • MAC Golden Lemon pigment LE (inner half of lid) – you could also use ‘Goldmine’ here
  • MAC Chocolate Brown pigment LE (outer half of lid) – you could also use ‘Bronze’ here
  • MAC Kid (crease)
  • MAC Handwritten (deepen outer v and line lower lashline)
  • MAC Bisque (blend)
  • MAC Blacktrack Fluidline
  • L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara
  • Almay Brow Defining Pencil in Dark Blonde
  • Red Cherry #43 false eyelashes

Lips

• MAC Honeylove

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. Mariella says:

So pretty but then it’s got a lovely brown pigment in the mix and you know me and my “brown box”. Speaking of which, could/would you/do you plan eventually to do a “Spotlight” on Mac’s Tempting. I’ve been wearing it a bit lately and just love it. Crazy that I put off buying it for so long because I had so many similar shades (or so I thought!)

I agree! I actually like this brown look! :)
      Yes, you’re so right. I can’t believe I haven’t done a Spotlight with Tempting up until now. You know what the problem is – I buy new eyeshadows and forget about the ones I already have. LOL I’ll get right on it for ya, girly! :)

• Mariella says:

Thanks, Zabrena. After ignoring Tempting for a while, I have really come to love it lately (maybe because it’s summer and the bronzey sheen really suits the weather). I’ll be thrilled to get some new ideas (I tend to wear it all over the lid with something lighter/matte in the crease)

2. Heather Cooke says:

is there a video where you talk about your skincare routine? your skin is flawless

3. Heather Cooke says:

and MAC Honeylove lipstick looks beautiful. I love how all your looks are creative yet wearable

4. Karah says:

This looks beautiful on you! The whole look is lovely. I really like the lipstick on you too. It has a little more color to it. I’ve been wearing this Mac dazzleglass called Date Night ,and I have been complemented on it almost everywhere I go. Even when I was getting a pedicure! I like a little more color when wearing lipsticks and lipglosses. That’s just my opinion though. :) I hope the rain is going away. I wish it would come out here to Arizona! All we have been having is dust storms. Another beautiful look Zabrena! :)

5. TJ says:

Your eyelashes look fabulous! I didn’t know you were wearing falsies until I read the “Products Used” list, lol.

6. thelastmile says:

Love this look. I was actually sent the WRONG pigment on a order a while back — which happened to be Golden Lemon. I’ve never used it. Scanning through your posts, I came across this one and here you have Golden Lemon! Yay! And the look turned out beautifully on me!!