Eye of the Day: Sweet Confection

As many of you know, we have been experiencing MAJOR rain this past weekend thanks to TS Debby, which really disrupted my being able to do eyeshadow combos for this week (I rely on sunlight for the pictures).

We’ve had some minor flooding in the area, but the rain keeps coming! Last night my husband and I were woken up at about 3:30 a.m. to the strong winds hitting the house. We both got up to check the weather reports, because in these situations tornadoes are always a real possibility. We were under a tornado warning, but by God’s grace, nothing formed.

Anywhoo, thankfully I took pictures of a combo I wore about a week ago and just saved it “for a rainy day”! Haha! I was so doggone happy when I remembered it! So, hopefully, this will hold you until the sun comes back out down here! Rain, rain, go away!

Products Used:

• Too Faced Eyeshadow Insurance
  • MAC Cranberry (inner and outer half of lid)
  • MAC Pink Freeze (middle of lid)
  • MAC Soft Brown (crease)
  • MAC Bisque (blend)
  • MAC Blacktrack Fluidline
  • L’Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black Mascara
  • Almay Brow Defining Pencil
  • Ardell false lashes #113

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. Sasha says:

I’m glad you are safe! Thanks for the beautiful combination! :)

2. Lisa says:

Happy to hear you guys are ok despite the nasty weather. Thank you for this rain day combo! Can’t wait to try this one out soon :)

3. Michelle says:

I love this look! Can’t wait to try it:)

4. Kay Howard says:

Thoughts and prayers. Stay safe and dry!

5. Judith says:

This looks stunning, as always :D

6. Roxi says:

That’s awesome! I love pink eye shadows :D

7. Lisa says:

Wow this look is sooo awsome!!! Love cranberry so much! I was wondering if i can use phloof instead of pink freeze? Or maybe mix a little swish with phloof to make pink freeze??
    Glad you are staying safe in the crazy weather.
    <3 Lisa

Hi Lisa!
      Absolutely! Either of those would look great in Pink Freeze’s place. As long as there’s enough contrast between the middle shade and Cranberry, it’ll be awesome!

Yes! We are survivin’! Haha!

8. Mariella says:

Glad to see that the weather hasn’t “dampened” your sense of humour of sense of style! Joking aside, Zabrena, I am glad that you are all okay and your house is okay too. Storms can be so frightening and destructive. Happy to read that you’re safe!

Haha! :)
      YES! It has been hairy for the last 24 hours. They’ve been saying on the news, if the damage is this bad after a Tropical Storm, can you imagine it after a Hurricane? We haven’t been really HIT here in Tampa since the early 1900s. We’re due! No matter, our hurricane stock is filled up!

9. Karah says:

Hi Zabrena,
    So happy to hear that you and your hubby are ok. :) Beautiful look as always! Stay safe ,and I know you’ll be happy when the storm goes away. Take care dear! :)

10. bumaat cynthia says:

i love the color combination of your eyeshadows! looks perfect…thanx for the idea!

11. Gina says:

Love, love love this look! Sweet it is indeed! Glad your little family is doing ok Z. ♥