UPDATED! My MAC Eyeshadow Collection

Out of everything I do, this is probably the MOST requested video/post, so I thought it might be time for an update! (And no, this is not bragging. Not in the least bit – I don’t find that attractive, nor do I do it :))

Many of the eyeshadows you see within this video were purchased by me – several of them were sent by lovely subscribers – to name a few: Lynn, Robin, Lisa and Karah (thank you, ladies!). I also swap away eyeshadows I don’t like for new ones, which helps to save money!

In the video tour, I show you every eyeshadow in the palettes as well as additional eyeshadows I have in my drawers, pigments and pigment samples. It is an all-inclusive eyeshadow collection – MAC only. If you prefer to see the pictures, I’ve included them below the video. I’ll also list some links, as mentioned in the video. Hope you enjoy!

(L to R) Gesso, Vanilla, Blanc Type, Femme Fi (LE), Shroom, Bisque, Orb, Ricepaper, Grand Entrance (LE), All That Glitters, Patina, Woodwinked, Soft Brown, Saddle, Cork

(L to R) Nylon, Dazzlelight, Retrospeck (I think?), Sweet Joy (LE), Naked Lunch, Malt, Kid, Motif, Samoa Silk, Soba, Amber Lights, MegaRich pigment (LE), Texture, Romp, Tempting

(L to R) Haux, Folie, Twinks, Swiss Chocolate, Brown Down, Brown Script, Sable, Cut to Fit (LE). Antiqued, Glamour Check! (LE), Bronze, Mulch, Handwritten, Mystery, Carbonized (LE)

(L to R) Jest, Pink Freeze, Da Bling, Swish, Expensive Pink, Mythology, Bold and Brazen (LE), Sushi Flower, Coppering, Passionate, Fuschia pigment (LE), Free to Be, Red Brick, Cranberry, Heritage Rouge pigment (LE)

(L to R) Phloof!, Creamy Bisque (LE), Slip Pink (LE), Gleam, Girlie, Give Me Liberty (LE), Rose (PRO), Paradisco, Mythical (LE), Sweet Chestnut (LE), Beauty Marked

(L to R) Arena, Tete-A-Tint, Melon pigment (LE), Off the Page (LE), Firespot (LE), Rule, Pink Bronze pigment (LE), Orange, Electric Coral pigment (LE), Follow Your Fancy pigment (LE), Gorgeous Gold, Goldmine, Bright Future (LE), Blonde’s Gold pigment (LE), Gold Mode pigment (LE)

(L to R) Juxt, Bitter, Lucky Green, Swimming, Golden Olive pigment (LE), One Off (LE), Greensmoke, Sumptuous Olive, Humid, Club, Bows & Curtsies (LE)

(L to R) Vellum (PRO), Aquadisiac, Steamy, Shimmermoss, Waternymph (LE), Moon’s Reflection, Tilt, Cornflower pigment (LE), Winkle, Electric Eel, Freshwater, Deep Truth, Plumage, Deep Blue Green pigment (LE)

(L to R) Seedy Pearl, Kitschmas pigment (LE), Star Violet, Trax, Creme de Violet, Stars ‘N Rockets, Custom pigment, Plum Dressing, Vibrant Grape, Nocturnelle, Grape pigment (LE), Fig. 1, Sketch, Shadowy Lady, Graphology (LE)

(L to R) All Races (LE), Quarry, Crystal, Illegal Cargo (LE), Shale, Digit, Beautiful Iris, Satellite Dreams, Parfait Amour, Blackberry, Sorcery (LE), Embark

(L to R) Electra, Idol Eyes, Silver Ring, Scene, Knight Divine, Smoke & Diamonds (LE), Satin Taupe, Botanical (LE), Copperplate, Smut, Print, Typographic, Nehru, Black Tied, Carbon

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. boops says:

Quite the collection Z-always wondered why Satin Taupe goes into the gray/black palette. what are your plans for the blank spots??

I think I have a problem . . . LOL ;)
      I’m saving the blank spots for other eyeshadows that may come along in the same color spectrum, LE or new ones that may get added. :) Gotta have room to grow!

• boops says:

LOL-I love people that think ahead!! when you decide on some new ones let us in on them! all mine are full-but I only have 4-15 shadow ones and two 4 shadow ones. Your my hero!

2. Roxi says:

What an awesome collection :) Congrats!

3. boops says:

I have to ask-what do you carry for touch ups for yourself in your purse? Do you have a small palette and just pop out from the big ones?

4. Sasha says:

Hi Zabrena! You have a GORGEOUS collection. I have a quick question: are the Winkle and Cornflower stickers mixed up? I just got Cornflower in the mail and it looks alot like what you have as Winkle. Unless I got a dud? Thanks for sharing your pretty shadows :)

Thanks, Sasha!
      The blue palette’s label is all kinds of mixed up. LOL I forgot about it when I took the picture, I’ll have to redo that. If you go by the names in the caption, those are right. Cornflower is the third one in on the second row, Winkle is to the immediate right of it. :) Sorry ’bout that!

5. Karah says:

Wow! Zabrena! I have a question for you. ( big surprise!) :)
    What colors do you use with Cornflower pigment and Golden Olive pigment? I know there must be a lot of shades you use with them, but maybe I’ll help you narrow it down a bit. If you could recommend colors that you think would be good with brown eyes I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks :)
    I think you got your stickers mixed up with Cornflower and Winkle. Maybe I’m wrong though.

Hi Karah! :)
      Oh yes, that blue palette is all kinds of wonky LOL I forgot about it when I took the pictures, I’ll have to redo that one this weekend. The label is missing Moon’s Reflection and Winkle too, not to mention Freshwater, Electric Eel and Tilt are all out of order! The caption for that picture is correct, though. :)

Great questions!
      For Cornflower, I actually really love to pair it with Mutiny pigment and I did it on the blog a little while ago here: http://www.myeyeshadowconsultant.com/2012/03/31/face-of-the-day-woman-overboard/

For Golden Olive pigment, I generally like to place it with darker greens like Bows and Curtsies or Forest Green pigment. It is also stunning with something like Golden Lemon pigment or Goldmine.

Hope that helps!

6. Babitha Bobby says:

That’s such a cute collection Zab :o) U have quite some patience to do this for us <3 I have a quick question… Which pallette or precisely, what are the colors that u would take with u, if u plan to take just 'one' palette(15 eyeshadow palette) with u, for ur vacation to create different looks?

Hi Babitha!
      LOL! I actually take about 4 or 5 with me usually and it’s generally the first and second neutral palettes, the first pink palette and the first purple palette. They really are my most favorite ones!

7. Orela says:

I think it’s lovely that you answer every question/comment you’re asked.A lot of others don’t and that really makes you stand out.Well done.(I have no questions
    this time lol.)

LOL! If you ever do, please don’t hesitate to ask! :) Thank you for the compliment! I saw the same thing happening with other bloggers and Youtubers and I wanted to change that! At least where I can :)

8. Saira says:

Thanks so much for doing this video, Zabrena! I love seeing other people’s eyeshadow collections and looking at all of the pretty eyeshadows!

What cool-toned MAC purple eyeshadows would you recommend for brown eyes? I seem to have a lot of red-toned purples (like Creme De Violet, Vibrant Grape, UD Fishnet) but not as many cool-toned ones. At the moment, I have Crystal, Fig 1 (not sure if that is cool toned) and MUG Unicorn (like Parfait Amour). Thanks :o) .

Hi Saira!
      So happy you enjoyed the post! :)
      Some of the cooler purples I actually like and know would be amazing for brown eyes are Satellite Dreams, Shale, Digit and Blackberry. Shale and Satellite Dreams look amazing together (Satellite Dreams on the lid, Shale in the crease). Hope that helps! :)

• Saira says:

Thanks for these suggestions, Zabrena. I will definitely try these out. I often look at Blackberry when I am at the MAC counter but I’ve never been sure whether it would suit me or not. I think I will give it a try!

9. Klhh says:

Love this post Zabrena! Thank you for doing it. I wonder if the mystery color you were asking about might be vapour.

Hi!
      Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it! :)
      I actually think it’s Retrospeck; I’ve suspected it for a while and a couple ladies on YouTube confirmed it. :) Thanks for the suggestion though!

10. Dee says:

Thats an amazing collection Zabrena, I was just wondering I have assumptious olive but I find it turns out more a brown tone even though it looks more green. Im really looking for a sutle green as swimming is too bright.

Hi Dee!
      Hmmm, the one I think you would actually like is ‘One Off’ – it’s a very nice medium green, but it is an LE shade, so it’d require some hunting. Have you tried Humid?

11. Ella says:

Hi! I have brown eyes and blonde hair, what 2 mac eyeshadows would look nice on me? I really want something that would look pretty but not ott. Thankyou!x

12. Brooke says:

During my most recent purchase online, I figured out that MAC discontinued the 15x palettes and replaced it with a more expensive clear option with inserts you buy separately. They sent me one of the new inserts in my last order. I thought I was getting my old tried and true but pulled that thing out and said, “now what the heck am I supposed to do with THIS?!” Sadly I have discovered the old magnetic 15x palettes are discontinued. I am scouring eBay for the old ones (like you have shown here) but they aren’t cheap either. I was wondering if you’d discovered they are gone now?

• boops says:

they discontinued them months ago, greedy company. Z palettes work pretty well, but there is no lock on the lids. People on ebay know they are discontinued so they are taking advantage of buyers. I am pretty much fed up with Mac and I let them know it in an email.

I literally about cried when I found out they had discontinued the old palettes.
      I was so upset! I am completely boycotting the new palettes; I just don’t have any faith in that clear lid. I know that sucker will crack so easily, especially with how often I’ve dropped mine in the past. I’m using the Z Palettes now, they fit more eyeshadows and are cheaper!
      I get mine for $13 a piece at allcosmeticswholesale.com ;)