I hesitated a long while on purchasing this palette, and it turns out my instincts were dead on! I figured there would be a great many dupes in this palette, especially when compared to MAC. However, what I didn’t expect was the low quality of the eyeshadows ‘Faint’ and ‘Crave’ in this palette. The first four shades are superb in pigmentation, color payoff, lasting power, blendability, etc. but the contouring shades left much to be desired.
Therefore, whether you’ve purchased this palette and you’re looking for better alternatives for those two duds, or you don’t want to waste the money, but want to recreate a look you’ve seen somewhere, allow me to share the dupes with you!
Naked Basics vs. MAC
As you can see in the swatches, some of the MAC shades are more exact dupes than others. Here are the minor differences worth mentioning between each dupe:
- UD Venus vs. MAC Shroom =Venus has more of a white base compared to Shroom
- UD Foxy vs. MAC Ricepaper = Foxy is more matte; Ricepaper has a little bit of shimmer
- UD Walk of Shame vs. Blanc Type = W.O.S. is a little more pink/pigmented than Blanc Type
- UD Naked2 vs. MAC Wedge = Wedge is slightly more orange compared to Naked2
- UD Faint vs. MAC Espresso = Dead on; no real discernible difference
- UD Crave vs. Typographic = I almost compared Crave to Carbon, but Crave applies more like Typographic; a light smokey black, leaning more gray after application (fades quickly too)
Naked Basics vs. Naked1
Naked1 had more comparable shades to the Naked Basics palette than Naked2, but the dupes were not as exact as some of the MAC eyeshadows mentioned above.
- Venus vs. Virgin = Virgin is pinker/warmer compared to Venus, which comes off more white
- Naked2 vs. Naked = Very similar but Naked2 is more neutral compared to pinker tones in Naked
- Faint vs. Buck = Faint is noticeably darker than Buck, which is also more orange than Faint
- Crave vs. Creep = Different finishes; Crave is matte, Creep has glitter
Naked Basics vs. Naked2
- Venus vs. Bootycall = Much like Virgin from Naked1, Bootycall leans more pink than Venus
- Foxy vs. Foxy = not much needs to be said here! LOL!
- Crave vs. Blackout = both are matte shades but Blackout has TEN times greater color payoff and lasting power compared to Crave
Do you own the Naked Basics palette? What do you think of it?
Tags: best, better, cheaper, comparison, do i need, dupes, eyeshadows, ideas, images, looks, mac, naked basics, naked1, naked2, palette, review, save money, should i buy, side by side, similar, swatches, urban decay