The LORAC Pro Palette is a simple palette boasting 16 eyeshadows; 8 matte shades on the top row and 8 shimmer shades on the bottom row. If you are just getting into makeup or looking for something easy for on the go, the LORAC Pro Palette is a superb choice. I found the eyeshadows easy to work with, highly pigmented and long lasting. For those who question whether it’s for warm or cool complexions, in my opinion this palette does lean more warm than cool. There are a few great cooler shades (i.e. Nude, Mauve, Pewter, Slate) but unfortunately they are very dupeable with other popular shades (full list below).
I was also pleasantly surprised to find that I was able to use the blending shade in this palette! I typically find myself relying on MAC’s Blanc Type with palettes thanks to either a non-existant or subpar blending shade. However, Cream is a perfect match for my skintone; in fact, it’s such a great match I had trouble getting the swatch to show in the pictures below because the booger blends in so well! It blended out all the eyeshadows in this palette extremely well and is actually comparable to MAC’s Blanc Type in color and quality.
Overall, if you’ve been considering this palette, I’d say go for it!
- White = MAC Gesso
- Cream = MAC Blanc Type / UD W.O.S.
- Taupe = MAC Cork / UD Buck
- Lt. Pink = MAC Yogurt
- Mauve = MAC Quarry / UD Tease (Mauve is slightly more purple)
- Sable = MAC Espresso
- Espresso = ?
- Black = MAC Typographic / UD Crave
- Nude = MAC Naked Lunch / All That Glitters
- Champagne = UD Sin (Champagne is less pigmented, though)
- Gold = MAC Woodwinked
- Lt. Bronze = reminds me a LOT of UD Suspect after application
- Pewter = MAC Satin Taupe
- Garnet = ?
- Deep Purple = ?
- Slate = MAC Knight Divine / UD Gunmetal
Look #1 – see the video tutorial here!
- Champagne (inner half of lid)
- White (layered over Champagne)
- Black (outer half of lid)
- Mauve (crease)
- Cream (blend)
Tags: best, combinations, combos, conservative, dupes, easy, everyday, eyelids, eyeshadow, how to wear, ideas, images, inspiration, looks, lorac, matte, mature, pictures, pro palette, quick, review, simple, substitutes, swatches, tutorial, what to pair with