Bright palette alert! The Too Faced Pretty Rebel Palette is, needless to say, filled with bold, in-your-face colors unlike previous palettes Too Faced has put out. In my experience with their palettes, they are also prone to adding lots of glitter into their eyeshadows similar to Urban Decay’s obsession with it. This palette is a little bit better in terms of finishes, but it still has its sparkly offenders, particularly Instigator, Miss Sparkles and Badass.
My most favorite shades to work with in this palette are Gangsta, Ringleader and Girly. Perhaps the most unique shade within the palette, in my opinion, would be Girly. It is a green duochrome shade but applied lightly you end up with a red-brown, whereas applied more heavily, you are able to get more of the green tones.
- Dainty = no real exact dupe for it; MAC Blanc Type would be close, but lacks the shimmer
- Charming = MAC Handwritten
- Girly = no real exact dupe for it; MAC Club would suffice in its place, but not a dupe
- Totally Fetch = MAC Passionate
- Miss Sparkles = UD Creep or MAC Black Tied
- Ringleader = MAC Malt (but with a more shimmery formula)
- Gangsta = UD Smog
- Instigator = UD Spell from the Theodora palette, but with less glitter
- Badass = hard to find an exact dupe for it because of the glitter
- Jailbird = MAC Electra
The eyeshadows in this palette are highly pigmented and don’t require more than one application to get a true transfer of color onto the eyes. Nearly every eyeshadow in the palette was a great blender, with the exception of Charming, which is a little harder to blend out. Dainty is supposed to be the blending shade in this palette, but it didn’t work well with any of the eyeshadows when it came time to blend; it left the harsh edges and turned the look muddy. Whether you’re fair or dark, you will need to rely on an external blending shade with this palette.
In my opinion, this is not a palette you “need” to have; it’s really more of a novelty palette and the shades are nothing new in terms of color, with the exception of Girly. If you’re not madly in love with any of the below combos, skip it and go for something else! 😉
Look #1 – see the video tutorial here!
UD eyeshadows used:
- Girly (inner and outer third of the lid)
- Ringleader (middle of lid)
- Instigator (center of the lid, layered over Ringleader)
- Gangsta (crease)
- Charming (deepen crease, apply into outer v and lower lashline)
- MAC Blanc Type (blend)