One of the most important jobs we can have in life is the role of a mother. Although I can’t speak from experience on this subject yet, having witnessed my own mother’s sacrifices and watching my friends with children do amazing things, I appreciate the never-ending lengths these women go to for the loves of their lives. With the chaos of motherhood though, we can sometimes feel like we have lost the leisure time we had for ourselves before taking on this job. In today’s post, I wanted to share some quick beauty tips so you can feel your absolute best … because when you feel good … girl, you can do ANYTHING! 😉
1. Dry Shampoo: the BEST invention EVER!
No time to wash your hair? No problem! Dry shampoo is a necessity for busy moms on the go! One of the best dry shampoos I have ever used is Batiste. It’s a fast, convenient way to get fresh, clean-smelling hair without having to wash, blowdry and style … ’cause sometimes we don’t have time for all that! Additionally, if you’re in a pinch and don’t have dry shampoo on hand, you can also sprinkle a little bit of translucent powder* in your hair and brush it out.
(*Why translucent powder? It will NOT show in dark hair like baby powder does!)
2. Hide Tired Eyes
If you’re prone to under-eye bags, because you can’t remember what it means to actually sleep anymore, keep a spoon in your freezer and hold it under each eye in intervals of 30 seconds to 1 minute per eye. The coolness of the spoon will help to constrict blood vessels and minimize puffiness around the eyes.
If you struggle with dark circles, try a salmon colored concealer. Why salmon? Orange colored concealers neutralize blue tones in the skin, making them disappear instantly. A recommended orange concealer to try is Graftobian’s Soft Orange; however, if you have VERY dark under-eye circles, Ben Nye’s Neutralizer is a better option.
3. Apply a Pop of Color to Distract!
When you’re in a rush, but you still want to look put together, using a pop of color is a great way to divert attention in a positive direction. There are a multitude of ways to do this, both in your clothing and in your makeup:
- Apply a brightly colored lipstick and emphasize that pucker!
- Try a new eyeliner color (think cobalt blue, passionate purple, or emerald green).
- Go for a bold blouse (think red, hot pink, yellow, electric blue).
- Add a statement necklace, or earrings, to spice up a casual outfit.
- Throw on those daring leopard-print pumps, or comfy colorful sandals. Wear what makes you feel GREAT (think pre-baby)!
4. Shape The Brows!
Take a little “me” time and visit your local beauty salon or spa for a professional eyebrow shaping session. This quick beauty treatment can do wonders for your face and opens your eyes dramatically. It’s quick, less costly than a facial, and leaves one less thing for you to think about maintaining on an everyday basis.
5. Use the ‘KISS’ method: “Keep It Simple & Sexy!”
Yeah, you heard me! Yes, you’re a mom, but you can still be sexy! While you may not feel like you have the time to do your old makeup routine, you can speed it up with a few simple things and still look completely put together:
- Used a tinted moisturizer: it’ll be lighter to wear, already contains an SPF so you save extra time and can actually help improve your skin throughout the day.
- If a tinted moisturizer is too much for you, mineral makeup is great too! It takes seconds to apply, protects your skin and can help even out your skin tone effortlessly.
- Don’t forget to curl the lashes and add mascara, because your eyes are a great focal point!
- Line the outer half of the upper lash line with an eyeliner and smudge it out softly, either with a brush or your finger, for a wearable day look. The smudged eyeliner with help to thicken up your lashline giving the appearance of fuller lashes, but doesn’t take a lot of time to create.
- Apply a light dusting of bronzer on the cheeks, temples, forehead, down the sides of the nose and on the jawline. This gives your skin a healthy, sun-kissed glow that looks like you’ve actually had time to lay out in the sun (but without all that harmful damage!).
And in case you haven’t heard it lately, YOU are gorgeous, YOU are appreciated and YOU are doing an amazing job! 😉