A few (emphasis on a few – ha!) months back, my beautiful friend, Saira, sent me a combination she had used on her brown eyes that she was really impressed with. I was so intrigued by the colors used, I couldn’t help but recreate her look for you here! Greens are truly stunning for brown eyes, so if you have beautiful chestnut peepers, a stockpile of greens is essential!
I did change the original combo around a little bit, but I will also list Saira’s version below if you’d like to try it (and she was so kind to include pictures of her look – thank you!). Thank you for the inspiration, Saira! 🙂
To the brown-eyed ladies in the room: What’s your favorite combo?
Combo Shown in the Above Photos:
- LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
- MAC Lucky Green (on lid, below crease)
- MAC Bows & Curtsies LE (outer third of lid and outer half of lower lashline)
- MAC Off the Page LE (crease)
- MAC Romp (deepen outer crease)
- MAC Brule (blend out edges of Off the Page)
- MAC Ricepaper (highlight brow bone)
- Maybelline Line Stiletto in ‘Black’
- MAX Factor 2000 Calorie Waterproof Mascara
- Prestige Brow Gel in Clear
- CoverGirl Brow and Eye Makers in ‘Soft Blonde’
- Ardell #106 false eyelashes
- MAC Painterly Paint Pot (as a base)
- MAC Ricepaper (inner corner highlight and inner half of lower lashline)
- MAC Lucky Green (on the lid, below the crease)
- MAC Off the Page LE (crease)
- MAC Romp (deepen crease and line outer half of lower lashline)
- MAC Brule (blend and highlight brow bone)
- Black Gel Liner on upper lashline
I like the look, but Lucky Green a little too light for me. May try it with a different green.
Definitely! Humid, Swimming, Greensmoke would also be stunning in place of Lucky Green!
Both are beautiful. It’s hard to choose. I have brown eyes and never wear green. I’ll be trying it now. 🙂
Since I have olive undertones, I stick to mainly purples for brown eyes. I feel like greens can make me look like a Simpson. :\
LOL-Amanda-your funny-I have light Olive skin and wear greens like Sumptuous Olive and Greensmoke-nothing bright green and smoke it out with Bows & curtsies. Not Simpson like at all. 🙂
Oh, wow! I’m soooo flattered that you used my look on the site, Zabrena! Thanks so much for crediting me and also mentioning my look on the site :o) . If I ever feel brave enough, I will send you a pic of my look so that you can post it alongside my version.
Btw, I’m loving the new site! Really enjoying having a look at the new features this morning.
You are so very welcome! Thank YOU for the look!! 🙂 I hope you will send your picture so I can post it up there! 😉
Glad to hear you’re enjoying the new features – yay!! 😀
I recreated this look but did not have Off The Page — I used Bold & Brazen. How close are these two colors to each other, for comparison? I liked how this turned out, however, even with the substitution. Lynda
Ouu! I bet that was a stunning look! Great substitute!
B&B is more pink leaning compared to Off the Page which is closer to something like Samoa Silk after application; more orange.
But B&B is a light enough pink to look great placed there! 😉
I have alot of makeup geek shadows. Any dupes you can recommend using the makeup geek shadows for your look?