Wowee! A palette with color! YESSSS! 😉 I love the mixture of colors and neutrals in this beautiful palette from Stila. I hadn’t tried any of Stila’s eyeshadows before this post and I am highly impressed with them! If you are impressed by MAC, wait until you try these! They apply to the lid effortlessly and blend away just as easily. No need to continuously go back over a color in the crease to get it to blend; one touch of the brush and DONE!
Dupe-wise, this is going to be one of those palettes that is harder to dupe, probably not so much for the neutrals, well, er, scratch that. Even for the neutrals. The only one I can see a clear cut dupe for is Nectar, which is a dead ringer for MAC’s Blanc Type and Urban Decay’s W.O.S.
Honey was another one I questioned in closeness to MAC Amber Lights, but it doesn’t pull that dark orange color.
Rosette reminds me of Urban Decay’s Fishnet or Last Call, but it’s still off in being a true match. As much as I’d like to compare the shades in this palette to ones in my current collection, I simply can’t. That’s a good thing and a bad thing, I’m sure. 😉
Close-up of the eyes:
Everything Used in the Look:
- Revlon Age Defying DNA Advantage in Fresh Ivory #05
- Airspun Transluscent Powder
- Tarte Expose – blush
- LORAC Behind the Scenes Eyeshadow Primer
- Juniper (inner and outer third of lid and mimic the same placement on lower lashline)
- Sage (middle of lid and mimic the same placement on lower lashline)
- Bark (crease)
- Nectar (blend)
- Maybelline Line Stiletto in ‘Blackest Black’
- Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara
- Covergirl Brow Pencil in ‘Soft Blonde’
- Prestige Brow Perfection Clear Brow Gel
- False eyelashes: Seductress from InkyMinkyLashes.com
- MAC Speed Dial