What attracted me to theBalm’s Meet Matt(e) Nude palette? I think it was the alluring fact of an all-matte eyeshadow palette. Who agrees there aren’t enough of these on the market these days?! *sigh* theBalm certainly did not disappoint with this palette.
Not only is it the perfect size for sticking in your purse BUT the eyeshadows are a dreeeeeam to work with in terms of application, blending and pigmentation. My most favorite eyeshadow out of the entire palette is Matt Singh; it reminds me of a mixture between MAC’s Malt and Soft Brown (also two of my favorite colors!).
The only gripe I would have for this one is the lack of a good blending shade for us fair gals. I thought Matt Malloy was going to work but it turned out to be this stark white eyeshadow that highlighted more than it did blend. Ah well, despite that minor hiccup, if you’re looking for a great neutral palette with all matte finishes, Meet Matt(e) Nude is a great one to try!
Close-up of the eyes:
Everything Used in the Look:
- Revlon Age Defying DNA Advantage in Fresh Ivory #05
- Bare Minerals Stroke of Light Concealer in Luminous #1
- Airspun Transluscent Powder
- MAC Tenderling – blush
- LORAC Behind the Scenes Eyeshadow Primer
- Matt Malloy (inner third of lid)
- Matt Lombardi (outer 2/3 of lid)
- Matt Garcia (outer third of lid, carried into outer v)
- Matt Singh (crease)
- MAC Blanc Type (blend)
- Maybelline Line Stiletto in ‘Blackest Black’
- Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara
- Covergirl Brow Pencil in ‘Soft Blonde’
- Prestige Brow Perfection Clear Brow Gel
- False eyelashes are sample testers for the new line (available soon!)
- MAC Shy Girl