The moment I heard Marlena was incorporating pigments into her amazing line of products, my ears perked up – high! I was so intrigued to see what she would come up with! I was in love the moment I laid my eyes upon UTOPIA. Gawsh! Have you see this one?
It is not like any other pigment I have. When I first received it and opened the lid, I was instantly reminded of MAC’s Solar Bits line that came out in 2009; most notably Bronzescape. I was a little worried because I absolutely despised Solar Bits (chunky, messy, hard to work with; you have to crush them, WHAT?!). Ugh. Thankfully, Utopia is nothing like Solar Bits in consistency and you don’t have to wander around the house looking for something to crush the pigment. Ha!
I would, however, compare the effect to Solar Bits. So, you’re getting the effect without the hassle that came with the little boogers. What’s great about Utopia is you can sheer it out for a wash of glitter, or you can pack it onto the lid with something like an eyeshadow transformer to intensify the effect. I’ve swatched it both ways here so you can better see what I mean.
Today’s Look with Utopia
Products Used to Create the Look:
- NARS Eyeshadow Primer
- MUG Moondust (on lid, below crease)
- MUG Utopia pigment (inner half of lid, layered over moondust)
- MUG Burlesque (outer half of lid and into outer v)
- MUG Frappe (crease)
- MAC Blanc Type (blend)
- Jesse’s Girl Eyeshadow Transformer (mixed with Utopia)
- Maybelline Line Stiletto in Blackest Black
- Max Factor 2000 Calorie Waterproof Mascara
- CoverGirl Brow and Eye Makers in ‘Soft Blonde’
- Prestige Clear Brow Gel
- False lashes: Moonlight Dancing from InkyMinkyLashes.com