Hi there lovelies! During one of my “improv” sessions, I stumbled across this beauty of combo. I had no idea really of what I wanted the look to be or a direction I wanted to go with it, but hey, it works! If you’re looking for a dramatic eye for a holiday party or even just an evening out, this is one to try! 😉
For a complete false eyelash application tutorial, click here.
For a winged eyeliner tutorial, click here.
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer
- UD Blackout (inner and outer third of lid)
- MakeupGeek Afterglow Pigment (middle of lid, blended over Blackout)
- MAC Soft Brown (crease) – or MakeupGeek’s Creme Brule
- MAC Espresso (define crease) – could also use UD Faint here
- MAC Blanc Type (blend out harsher edges of crease color)
- CoverGirl Brow & Eye Makers in ‘Soft Blonde’
- Illamasqua Precision Gel Eyeliner
- NYX Jumbo Pencil in ‘Milk’
- MAX Factor 2000 Calorie Waterproof Mascara
- False eyelashes are ‘Forget Me Not’ from InkyMinkyLashes.com
- Bare Minerals Stroke of Light in Luminous #1
- Revlon Age Defying Liquid Foundation in Fresh Ivory #05
- Laura Mercier Translucent Powder
- MAC Trace Gold blush
- MAC Shy Girl
I love, love, love this look!!! Gonna have to get that pigment. Great Job!
OMg, Z! This is such a beautiful look! One i can see in my future heavy rotation. I am going to try to recreate something similar with Urban Decay, any dupe suggestions of the top of your head?
You could use something like Half Baked in place of the MUG pigment, possibly Naked in the crease instead of Soft Brown – the rest of the shades come from the Naked2 palette, so you’re good there. 😉 If you have the Naked Basics palette, Faint is a dupe for MAC’s Espresso! 😀 Hope this helps! Go rock it, girl!
Just gorgeous! Fell in love with Shy Girl.
Beautiful I recreated this look with half baked and virgin mixed instead of afterglow…loved it!!
Ouuu! Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing that!
Ooh, I can’t wait to try this! I was wondering if you’ve tried inglot gel liner? I was debating between that and the illamasqua and would like your opinion!
I was the same way! Torn between the two! I ended up going with Illamasqua’s version because of the free shipping I got with Sephora, whereas Inglot’s shipping was $8, so that was how I made my decision. LOL Unfortunately I can’t compare yet; I still plan to get the Inglot version but probably when I have a bigger purchase next or I can make it in one of their stores again. So, for the future I’ll keep a comparison review in mind for you! 😀
Do you think I could use naked pigment instead of afterglow?
I recreated this look the best I could with my drug store makeup (as I’m working up to buying the really good stuff) and it turned out really pretty. I’ll be doing this look on my sister in-law for a wedding she is in next month. I wanted to say also that with a little bit of white added in, this would be great under your football series for the NO Saints. 🙂 Beautiful look. Thanks so much for sharing!
Love love love this, is there any brushes and gel liner you can recommend from ultra?
And also is this ok to wear at age 40 lol
40??? I’m 60 and I wear it with no problem-go for it