I’ve spent the good part of this past weekend playing with this new toy! (Funny how our ‘toys’ change as we get older!) I must say I am madly in love with Naked3, just as much as I thought I would be, and then some. For me, it’s the pink and purple shades – yep, I said purple! If you look closely, the seemingly normal brown shades masquerade themselves as purple once they’re applied to the eyes. It’s an unreal effect!
My most favorite eyeshadows so far from this palette are Buzz, Trick, Factory, Darkside, and Blackheart; I do have one least favorite shade and that is Dust – appropriately named. It’s a glitter nightmare and that’s all there is to say about that one. I have found I like to use it in the center of my bottom lip with pink lipsticks for greater dimension, so that will more than likely be how I’ll use it from now on (I DO like it for that!).
I do feel this palette is dupeable, though and I spotted some dupes early on in working with it. For example, Blackheart is a dead ringer for MAC’s Beauty Marked, Strange could be substituted with MAC’s Yogurt and Burnout reminds me of a pinker version of MAC’s Jest. However, there are some newer shades very hard to dupe with anything else, like Trick for example.
If you are trying to decide whether or not this palette is right for you, I’ll make it reeeeaaal easy! 😉 If you really liked the Naked2 palette from Urban Decay, and didn’t care for Naked1, you can skip Naked3 as this is a very warm palette comparative to Naked1. On the other hand, if you have a warm or neutral complexion, this palette is a must-have!
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- UD Buzz (crease)
- UD Burnout (inner half of lid)
- UD Darkside (outer half of lid and lower lashline)
- UD Blackheart (outer v) – tiny amount!
- MAC Blanc Type & Orb (blend out Buzz)
- False eyelashes: “Doe-Eyed” from InkyMinkyLashes.com
- CoverGirl Brow & Eye Makers in ‘Soft Blonde’
- Illamasqua Precision Gel Liner
- L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara in ‘Carbon Black’
- Bare Minerals Stroke of Light in Luminous #1 Concealer
- Revlon Age Defying Liquid Foundation in Fresh Ivory #05
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder
- Tenderling blush from MAC
- Nuttin’ but a good ol’ Vitamin E stick (I didn’t feel like lipstick that day, but if I were going to pair this look up with a color, I’d choose ones like MAC Angel, Creme Cup, Syrup or Fabby)