If it’s one thing I absolutely LOVE it has got to be GOLD eyeshadows and pigments, especially when they’re as electrifying as MakeupGeek’s Afterglow. Even the smallest application of this pigment can completely change a look and set your eyes on fire. I would go so far as to compare it to MAC’s Gold Mode in the intensity and effect you get with it … but at a much better price point, let’s face it.
If you’re familiar with pigments, then you already know they come in a variety of different consistencies. If you’re not sure what I’m talking about, some pigments can be more tightly packed together while others are more finely milled. Or you can also get those wild cards that you have to crush before application (remember MAC’s Solar Bits line? Argh.) Both the tightly packed and finely milled consistencies have their pros and cons, but I personally prefer pigments to be finely milled. They are usually easier to use and provide a stronger effect with a tiny amount, so you use a lot less too.
Afterglow is a finely milled pigment and a little bit goes a looooong way … even that’s an understatement!
One of my most favorite ways to use a gold pigment like this is layering on the middle of the lid, right over the pupil; this draws a lot of attention to the eyes and makes any and every eyeshadow combination stunning. I also like to add it on the center of the bottom lip (as done in today’s look). I can pretty much guarantee you EVERYONE who sees you wearing it will want to know what it is exactly … at least those who notice makeup will. 😉
When creating today’s look, I thought especially of our friends up north and the frigid temps they have been dealing with, so hopefully this look will bring some warmth to you! Stay warm, gorgeous friends!!
- NARS Eyeshadow Primer
- MakeupGeek Creme Brulee (crease)
- MakeupGeek Cosmopolitan (inner and outer third of lid)
- MakeupGeek Afterglow pigment (middle of lid, blended into Cosmopolitan)
- MAC Blanc Type (blend out the harsher edges of the crease)
- Smashbox Gel Liner in Black
- Laura Mercier Brow Defining Gel in ‘Fair’
- “In the Mood” synthetic false eyelashes from InkyMinky.com
- Bare Minerals Stroke of Light Concealer in Luminous #1
- Revlon Age Defying Liquid Foundation in Fresh Ivory #05
- Laura Mercier Translucent Powder
- MAC Peaches blush
- MAC Shy Girl
- MakeupGeek Afterglow pigment (center of bottom and top lip)