Lookie at what MAC re-released! Unfortunately I missed the boat when Fiction was originally in circulation, circa 2004 (I wasn’t even interested in makeup back then, can you believe it?!), so to say I was excited to see this particular color is an understatement. One of our great friends here on the site, Mariella, alerted me to its release and compared it to Greensmoke, but without the overloaded glitter formula that I know has given most of us issues before.
MAC describes this shade as a “muted green with shimmer” and this shade comes to us in a more tame, easier to control Frost finish. I really love Frost finishes, don’t you? Make them all like that, MAC! Just kidding, but seriously, ditch the whole Lustre thing … mmmkay?
Swatched next to Greensmoke, you can see the difference already. Compared to Greensmoke, Fiction has a MUCH better finish, and is actually much more pigmented than Greensmoke. In the swatch (shown right) I had to layer Greensmoke about three times just so you could see it, whereas I only applied Fiction with one layer.
I swear I want to go back and try all of my favorite Greensmoke combinations with Fiction now! What a difference! If you like the idea of having a non-glitter version of Greensmoke, make sure you grab yours while you still can. I promise you won’t regret it!
In today’s look, I chose to wear it in more of a neutral combo, but I did pair it up with some matte red lips to spice things up. Like Greensmoke, Fiction is one of those green eyeshadows you can pair up with red lips because it’s still so neutral in tone.
Will you be getting Fiction? How will you wear it?
How You Can Create this Look:
- NARS Eyeshadow Primer
- MAC Fiction (inner half of lid and lower lashline)
- MAC Brun (outer half of lid) – for a darker look, you could also apply a black eyeshadow here!
- MAC Outre LE (crease) – you can also use MAC Soba, MUG Chickadee, or MAC Soft Brown
- MAC Blanc Type (blend out harsh edges of Outre)
- Smashbox Gel Liner in ‘Deep Black’
- Laura Mercier Brow Defining Gel in ‘Fair’
- ‘Forget Me Not’ false eyelashes from InkyMinky.com
- Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer in ‘Light’
- Lancome Teint Idole 24 HR Foundation in ‘#100 Ivoire N’
- MUFE Pressed Powder
- Estee Lauder blush in ‘Peach Nuance’
- MAC High Energy lip liner
- MAC Russian Red lipstick
- Airspun Translucent Powder layered to make lips matte