Urban Decay’s BACKFIRE Eyeshadow
On one of my recent trips to Ulta (I swear I only went in for TWO things!), I took a gander at Urban Decay’s eyeshadows and saw they had come out with some new shades! Oh and they are GORGEOUS! I had such trouble picking which one I wanted! I ultimately decided on Backfire, as it was unlike anything I already owned. Plus, I’m a sucker for purple eyeshadows! This is one of the more unique purples I’ve seen.
It has a slight duochrome finish, not comparable to MAC’s duochrome finishes, much more subtle. It’s a red based purple and depending on how the light hits it you can pick up pink tones in it, too. Really pretty! Naturally, I couldn’t wait to wear it and WOW does it make my eyes POP! In today’s look I paired it up with the Too Faced Natural Matte palette … I couldn’t be more happy with this eyeshadow!
Have you picked up any of the new UD colors? Which is your favorite?
Here’s how you can recreate the look …
- NARS eyeshadow primer
- UD Backfire on the lid and smudged along lower lashline
- Too Faced Strapless in the crease (Natural Matte palette)
- Too Faced Honey Butter to blend out Strapless (Natural Matte palette)
- Too Faced Risque in the outer v (Natural Matte palette)
- MAC Sketch (outer third of lid)
- Milani Liquid Eyeliner Pencil in ‘Perfect Purple’ on waterline
- NYX Tame and Frame Brow Pomade in ‘Blonde’
- Inglot Gel Liner #89 for top lashline
- ‘Forget Me Not’ false eyelashes from InkyMinky.com
- MAC Prolong Wear Concealer in NC15
- MAC Prolong Wear Foundation in NW13
- MAC Pressed Powder in Light
- Tarte Park Avenue Princess Bronzer
- Sephora’s Pantone Color of the Year Radiant Orchid as blush
- Too Faced Melted Lipstick in ‘Melted Sugar’
- Cargo Cosmetics Lipgloss in ‘Anguilla’